United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. This post is about the vacancy for Team Member, Wintel Virtualization at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Wintel Virtualization
Job Type: Permanent
- To administer and manage the bank’s virtual infrastructure for optimal performance and prompt execution of the BCP calendar as well as manage relevant stakeholders.
Responsibilities of Wintel Virtualization
- Manage the implementation, configuration, deployment, and ongoing support of the VMware vSphere server infrastructure hosting enterprise applications.
- Setup, Install and configure ESX servers.
- Setup and configure HA, VMotion, DRS.
- Install Linux VM / Windows Guests and P2V migrations.
- Support and administration of file share server.
- Day-to-Day System Administration of VMware, Linux, and Windows Servers.
- Prompt execution of BCP calendar.
- Continuity of Business Management Tests – Alternate Site Test/Call Tree Test/Walkthrough Tes.
- Manage business continuity and disaster recovery operations and ensure there is 99.99% service availability and zero data loss in the event of disaster events for the VM infrastructure.
- Ensure hardware upgrades, maintenance, and all environmental changes (such as Servers, Switches, and Storage Systems) with the appropriate vendor as required.
- Ensure prompt deployment of hardware infrastructure for solutions as may be demanded by business.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Develop technical and operations standards, procedures, technical documentation, and metrics related to VMware vSphere.
Qualifications of a Wintel Virtualization
Recommended: Team Lead, Transfer Pricing Specialist at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- First Degree in an IT-related field.
- Mininum of 3 years of related experience.
- Proactive, Vmware, Disaster Recovery, Ability To Work Under Pressure, Relationship Management, Attention To Detail, Management Skill, Banking, Linux, Excel, Communication Skill, Windows Server, Documentation, Work Independently.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge in setting up & the configuration of ESX servers, and VMotion as well as possess good Linux skills.
- Pays attention to detail, has good vendor relationship and management skills, ability to support and troubleshoot issues, and is a good team player.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Banking Operations, Policies, and Procedures.
- Vendor Relationship Management.
- Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- IT Support.
What We Expect From You:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationships.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
That is our take on Team Member, Wintel Virtualization at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), we wish you best of luck. please share this post with your friends.