Ddomiscum.com gathered that the The head of the Nigeria national office, West African Examination Council, WAEC, Mr Patrick Areghan has on Tuesday announced the timetable for the conduct of this West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE for school candidates.
According to the WAEC Managment, the examination will run from Monday, August 16 to Friday October 8 across the sub-regions, with Nigeria concluding her examination on September 30.
Mr. Areghan also announced launch of WAEC request management system/ chatbot at a press briefing held at WAEC national office, Yaba, Lagos.
The table below contained the WAEC Timetable 2021 for May/June Candidates.
|Monday 16 August 2021||Catering craft practice|
3 (alternative to practical work)
|40 minutes||8:30hts to 9:10hrs|
|Tuesday 17th August 2021||Yoruba language||3 hrs||9:30am to 12:30pm|
|Wednesday 18th August 2021||Marketing 2 &1||2hrs 50 minutes||9:30am to 12:30pm|
|Friday 20th August 2021||Catering craft practice|
2 (essay) Catering craft practice 1(practical)
|50 minutes 40 minutes||8:30am to 9:20pm 9:20am to 10pm|
Friday 3rd September 2021
|Food and Nutrition 3|
|3hrd||The date and time will be arranged by the council|
|Tuesday 24th August 2021||Visual Art 2&1||2hrs 50 minutes||9:30am to 12:30pm|
|Thursday 26th August 2021||Civil Education 2&1||3hrs||9:30am to 12:30pm|
|Thursday 2nd September 2021||Financial Account 2&1||3hrs 30 minutes||9:30am to 1:00pm|
|Wednesday 8th September 2021||Agric Science (practical) Visual Arts||1hrs-30 minutes 3hrs||9:30am to 11:00am 2:00am to 5:00pm|
|Thursday 9th September 2021||Further maths 2 Further maths 1||2hrs 30 minutes 1hrs 30 minutes||9:30am to 12:00pm 3:30pm to 5:00pm|
|Friday 10th September 2021||Biology 2&1 Commerce 2&1||2hrs 30 minutes 2hrs 30 minutes||9:30am to 12:00pm 3:30pm to 5:50pm|
|Monday 13th September 2021||English Language 2 & 1 English language (oral)||3hrs 45 minutes||9:30am to 12:30pm 3:00pm to 3:45pm|
|Tuesday 14th September 2021||Chemistry practical (ALT-A)||2hrs||9:30am to 11:30am|
|Wednesday 15th September 2021||Physics 2 & 1||2hrs 45 minutes||9:30am to 12:45pm|
|Thursday 16th September 2021||Lit In English 2 & 1 Lit In English 3 (poetry and drama)||1hrs 15 minutes 2hrs 30 minutes||9:30 am to 10:45 am 2:00pm to 4:30pm|
|Friday 17th September 2021||Biology practical 3||2hrs||9:30am to 11:30am|
|Monday 20th September 2021||General mathematics 2 General mathematics 1||2hrs 30 minutes 1hrs 30 minutes||9:30am to 12:00pm 3:00pm to 4:30pm|
|Wednesday 22nd September 2021||Government 2 & 1||3hrs||9:30am to 12:30pm|
|Thursday 23rd September 2021||Economics 2 & 1 Agric Sci 2 & 1||3hrs 3hrs||9:30am to 12:30pm 2:0pm to 5:00pm|
|Friday 24th September 2021||Physics practical (ALT-A) Technical Drawing 2 & 1||2hrs 45 minutes 2hrs 45 minutes||9:30am to 12:15pm 3:00pm to 5:45pm|
|Monday 27th September 2021||Technical Drawing 3 (sketch)||2hrs 45 minutes||9:30am to 12:15pm|
|Monday 27th September 2021||Food and Nutrition 2 (essay) Food and Nutrition 1 ( Objective)||1hr 15 minutes 1 hrs||14:00am to 15:15pm 15:15pm 16:15pm|
|Tuesday 28th September 2021||Christian Religious Studies Islamic Studies 2 & 1 Chemistry 2 & 1||3hrs 2:50 minutes 3hrs||9:30am to 12:30pm 9:30am to 12:20pm 2:00am to 5:00pm|
|Thursday 30th September 2021||Geography 2 & 1 Geography 3||3hrs 1:50 minutes||9:30am to 12:30pm 2:00pm to 3:50pm|
Important Note for Candidates downloading the WAEC Timetable 2021:
- The difference in Time on Question Paper and Timetable: Where the duration indicated on the question paper differs from that on the timetable, the one on the question paper should be followed.
- Question Papers to be Given Out in Advance of the Dates They Are to be Taken
- Visual Art 3
- Paper 3A – Instructions will be given to schools two weeks before the paper is due to be taken.
- Paper 3B – Question paper will be given to candidates two weeks before it is due to be taken.
- Paper 3C -Candidates will be required to execute their projects within six months of the examination year. The period of submission of art pieces will be communicated to schools by the Council.
- General Knowledge-In-Art Paper 3: The question paper for General Knowledge-In-Art 3 will be given to candidates two weeks before the paper is due to be taken.
- Block Laying, Bricklaying and Concrete Works 3 (Practical): Question paper will be given to candidates three days before the paper is due to be taken.
- Project Work Papers: The question papers for project work for Basketry, Graphic Design, Leatherwork, Ceramics, Sculpture, Picture Making, Textiles, Jewellery, Painting & Decorating, Dyeing & Bleaching and Leather Goods Manufacturing & Repair will be forwarded to candidates two weeks in advance of the examination. The exact date for the delivery of question papers to candidates will be communicated to them through their schools.
- Visual Art 3
- Extra Time for Candidates with Special Needs: Candidates with Special Needs should be allowed one and half times the time allotted to other candidates.
Important Information About WAEC
To Pass the examination, you must be conversant with the pattern of the questions that are being asked in previous years; how the questions are being asked and what are the requirements needed to pass the examination.
The examination body usually releases an exam schedule, also known as the EXAM TIMETABLE, which will indicate the date and time for each subject. Once the WAEC timetable is out, you can either print it online or get it from your school (if it’s internal WAEC).
Important Tips On How To Pass WAEC
Examination In Flying Colors After laying hold on the timetable, there are some other things that you need to put in place to guaranty your success in this exam. They include:
* Never Allow Panic To Engulf Your Heart: A common error made by some WAEC candidates is based on their fear of passing the exam.
This is a very bad way to approach this exam. Irrespective of how prepared you’re prior to this exam, you will definitely fail it if you panic while writing the examination.
If you must come out in flying colors in your WAEC examination, you must first deal with your fear. Approach this exam with a courageous and optimistic heart, never allow the terrible experiences you have gotten or heard about WAEC determine your level of confidence before or during the exam.
- Start Reading As Early As Possible Though there is no specific time to start reading for WAEC exam, ensure that you begin your preparation as soon as possible. Many candidates usually wait till after examination timetable is released before they start reading, which is one of the reasons why most of them failed after the whole thing.
- Avoid Examination Malpractice Many students failed WAEC examination because their preparation and studies are not enough as they trust in their smartness in malpractice. Malpractice is illegal and it will definitely give you poor grades if you are caught.
- Use The Waec Syllabus As Your Study Guide To ensure that you don’t study off point, the examination council has prepared a syllabus which comprises of the topics where exams will set. So learn to study with it if you must come out in flying color.