United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. This post is about the vacancy for Team Member, Unix Server and Backup Storage Administration
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Unix Server and Backup Storage Administration
Job Type: Permanent
- To manage and administer UNIX server as well as storage servers for optimal performance and 100% availability.
Responsibilities of Unix Server and Backup Storage Administration
- Identify the relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies.
- Build a trusting relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official).
- Obtain mutual agreement on the resolution of issues, meetings required and the delivery of inter-dependent outputs and results.
- Compile a database indicating the role players, expected outputs, contact details, type of agreements, skills inventory, and succession planning.
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements within the allocated time frames.
- Attend Human Resources strategic meetings to provide feedback from the business to be taken into consideration when strategies are developed.
- Unix (AIX) System Administration of IBM Servers and Enterprise Storage Server.
- Design, install and configure the UNIX servers and requirements need of the applications.
- Periodically tune and optimize UNIX systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Disk space and File System Management on IBM Servers.
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on IBM AIX servers, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
- Administering of Enterprise Storage Systems (DS)
- Administering Storage Area Networks (SAN) for IBM p-Series.
- Create LUNs from Storage.
- Re-distribute storage utilisations on servers.
- Work with Assigned customer engineer from OEM on Software and hardware calls.
- Monitor the correct implementation and usage of the system to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure that firmware on both Operating System and Hardware are carry out to advert services breakdown.
- Proactively alert the OEM for replacement whenever there is failed component on the infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Unit Head.
Qualifications for Unix Server and Backup Storage Administration
- A First Degree in IT related field
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of administering UNIX and managing storage servers. Has working knowledge of SQL and data backup & recovery skills. A good team player who is personable and solution-driven.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Windows Operating System Platform.
- UNIX (AIX, LINUX, CENTOS) OS Platform.
- Application Aware Backups.
- ORACLE Database
- SQL Database
- Exchange Mailbox
- SharePoint Database
- VMWARE, HYPER-V, CITRIX, AZURE and AMAZON (AWS) platforms
- Data Backup & Recovery Skills
- Storage Administration and Management.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive, Vmware, Centos, Ability To Work Under Pressure, Azure, Backups, Sharepoint, Citrix, Linux, Succession Planning, Excel, Communication Skill, Aix, Unix, Sql, Oracle, Software Configuration, Work Independently.
What We Expect From You
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets, so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
That is our take on Team Member, Unix Server and Backup Storage Administration at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), we wish you best of luck. please share this post with your friends.