Sandwich Programme: A Sandwich Course is a university degree that includes a placement of some kind. A placement is a where you spend time out in the big bad world of work. You will be expected to work in the industry related to your course .All admissions into part–time programmes must be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
List of Universities Offering Sandwich Programme
Please note that I will be updating this list as I’m sure more universities will join the league. At present, these are the universities running sandwich courses (that I’m aware of).
1. Lagos State University (Ilesa Campus)
2. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
3. University of Lagos (UNILAG)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
5. University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
6. Lagos State University (LASU) Main Campus
7. Lagos State University (LASU) Federal College of Education Oyo Special
8. Lagos State University (LASU) College of Education Ilesa, Osun State
9. Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo (ADEYEMI)
10. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko Ondo State
11. University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
12. Niger Delta University (NDU)
How to Obtain Sandwich Admission Degree forms
- Generally, these universities dedicate specific portals for their sandwich programmes. So, you will need to visit the school website and locate their sandwich adverts or link to their sandwich page.
- Then, you can read all application instructions and proceed with your application.
- Click on the schools above to see details of the sandwich application of each.
- You can also follow each of the links above to see if forms are open for this year.
- Check out https://www.nuc.edu.ng › part-time-courses for update
Why Should You Consider Sandwich Programme
You want to know if the sandwich courses are right for you. Good!
I’d earlier said that the programme is perfect for teachers. In fact, some schools only run sandwich programmes for education courses. You know when you study education in school and earn your degree in education; you end up being a teacher. Right?
If you don’t know that, that is it!
Of course, you can have sandwich programmes for other disciplines than education. But sandwich education is more popular for the teaching profession.
How is the Sandwich Programme Conducted?
Usually, schools conduct the courses on a part-time basis. Candidates are accommodated for continuing studies at a certain period of the years.
For example, those institutions that run sandwich for education courses run the course during school breaks (long vacations). Hence, the attendees are welcome to campus or their study centres by the first term, second term and third term breaks.
Guidelines on part time and sandwich programmes
in nigerian universities.
Below are guidelines of conducting part time and sandwich programmes in Nigerian universities, which universities currently operating part time
programmes are expected to comply with on a programme by programme basis.
Consequently, the universities still interested in running part time programmes are advised to forward fresh application to the NUC on programme by programme basis. This is however subject to the readiness of the university
to comply with the following extant guidelines on part time programmes.
1. The admission and graduation requirements, staffing, library and physical facilities requirements must be in line with the benchmark minimum academic
standards (BMAS) for the various full time academic programmes.
2. For a programme to be eligible to run on part time basis, the approved full time equivalent must be available in the university, must have earned full accreditation and must be run within approved campuses.
3. The enrolment into part time programmes must not exceed 20% of total student population in the programme.
4. The minimum duration of the part time programmes must be 150% of the approved duration of the full time equivalent.
5. Approval shall not be granted for part time programmes in Environmental sciences, Engineering technology, Law,Medicine/Medical sciences, Pharmacy/pharmaceutical Sciences, Dentistry, and Veterinary science.
6. All admissions into part time programmes must be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculatio Board (JAMB).Part time programmes must be run within approved campuses of universities where the human and material resources for the teaching of the programmes are domiciled, i.e., on the main campus of the university.
7. Part time programmes shall be subjected to the NUC assessment upon maturity of the programme.
8. For any programme to be eligible for part time mode, it must have produced two (2) sets of graduates and satisfied the Resource Verification Requirements.
9. Commencement of a part time programme MUST be subject to the NUC’s approval. Approval of commencement of all part time programmes must be obtained…
If you have any question about Sandwich Programme in Nigeria, feel free to share at the comment section