Are you interested in being abreast of the past and latest developments within the Nigerian polity? If yes, please read on. In this article, I will list out over 2000 Nigerian current affairs in 2021. This article was designed for Nigerians who are expecting any written or oral interviews.
The importance of knowing Nigerian current affairs in 2021 can never be overemphasized. The understanding of Nigerian current affairs will (aside from equipping you with the knowledge of passing those aptitude test and interview questions) better position you to appreciate our past, with the view of predicting the Nigerian future.
Remember, just like Joseph Santayana once said, “those who refuse to recall their history are bound to repeat history”. Due to identified pressing needs, we have compiled a comprehensive list of over 2000 Up-To-Date Nigerian Current Affairs past questions and answers 2021, to help carter for the needs of Nigerians going for Job interviews and exams.
If you are expecting or preparing for an interview, be it a job interview, admission interview, scholarship interview, you can always rely on this current information to increase your level of preparedness.
So, without expending most of our time, the lists are presented below.
Latest 2020/2021 Nigerian Current Affairs – Questions And Answers
1. How many ethnic groups do we have in Nigeria?
Answer: 250 ethnic groups
2. Who is the current chief of justices of Nigeria?
Answer: Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad
3. In Nigeria, democracy day is now celebrated on.,
Answer: June 12
4. Which is the most populated country in the world?
Answer: China, with 1.4 billion residents
5. Who was the first Nigerian female psychiatrist?
Answer: Dr. Bertha Johnson
6. Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police is?
Answer: Adamu Mohammed
7. Which is the second largest continent in the world?
Answer: Africa, coming after Asia
8. The hottest region in the world is called?
Answer: The Sahara Desert
9. Who is the current chairman of ECOWAS?
Answer: President Muhama don Issoufou of Niger Republic.
10. Which African country first gained independence?
Answer: Liberia in 1847
11. Who is Nigeria’s current speaker of House of Representatives?
Answer: Femi Gbajabiamila
12. Who was the first writer of English Dictionary in the world?
Answer: Mr. Samuel Johnson
13. Who is Nigeria’s Minister of Power?
Answer: Sale Mamman from Taraba State
14. Who was the first President of Nigeria?
Answer: Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Oct. 1st, 1960 – Jan. 15th, 1966
15. Blue in the Nigerian Police flag represents?
Answer: Love, loyalty and unity
16. The first awarded Archbishop in Africa?
Answer: Benson Andrew Idahosa
17. The separation of powers simply means.
Answer: Checks and Balances
18. What is a 70 years anniversary called?
19. What does the acronym ICAO stand for?
Answer: International Civil Aviation Organisation
20. Who was Nigeria’s first inspector General of Police?
Answer: Mr. C. W. Duncan, 1930 – 1935
21. Who is the current Sultan of the Sokoto caliphate?
Answer: Muhammadu Salad Abubakar
22. Who is the current Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria?
Answer: Godwin Emefiele
23. Who is Nigeria’s Minister of Education?
Answer: Adamu Adamu from Bauchi State
24. What does the acronym ECOMOG mean?
Answer: Economic Community Monitoring Group
25. Which is the highest mountain in Africa?
Answer: Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
26. When did Nigeria break diplomatic relations with Israel?
27. Who created the Nigerian Council?
Answer: Frederick Lugard
28. What country does Nigeria share borders within the West?
Answer: Republic of Benin
29. Who is the current Senate President of Nigeria?
Answer: Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan
30. Which continent is the smallest in the world?
31. What agency is the Economic Commission for Africa part of?
Answer: UNO (United Nations Organisation)
32. Who what set of people does political sovereignty belongs to?
Answer: The Government
33. What region was created by the facilitation of the NCNC?
Answer: Mid-West Region
34. For what reason was Nigeria suspended from the Commonwealth in 1995?
Answer: Political Reasons
35. Who was the first Senate President of Nigeria?
Answer: Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
36. Who was the first governor-general of colonial Nigeria?
Answer: Lord Lugard
37. People who live by selling labour in the Marxist theory are called?
38. Who formed the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: Herbert Macaulay
39. What was the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: Nigerian National Democratic Party (NNDP)
40. When did the Duke and Duchess of Sussex leave the royal family?
Answer: January 2020
41. When was paper currency introduced in Nigeria?
42. How many Local Government Areas are in Nigeria?
43. Which state in Nigeria has the largest number of Local Government Areas?
Answer: Kano State with 44 LGAs.
44. What does the term MDGs stand for?
Answer: Millennium Development Goals
45. When did the Federal Military Government abolish the four regions?
46. How many countries constitute the Economic Community of West African States?
47. Which country was the last to win independence from colonial rule?
48. A country made up of semi-autonomous units is called.
Answer: A confederation
49. What is the ultimate aim of political parties?
Answer: To acquire and exercise power
50. What system of Government is political power inherited?
51. Which is the largest city in Nigeria?
52. How many states were created by General Yakubu Gowon in Nigeria, May 1967?
Answer: 12 states
53. Who was the first Executive President of Nigeria?
Answer: Alhaji Shehu Shagari
54. When was Facebook founded?
Answer: February 4, 2004
55. How many regional divisions do Africa have?
Answer: (Six Regional Divisions)
56. Who is the current managing director of NNPC?
Answer: Mele Kyari
57. Who is the current Chief Justice of Nigeria?
Answer: Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad
58. Who was the longest-serving senate President of Nigeria?
Answer: David Mark
59. Who is the current Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?
Answer: Boris Johnson
60. Who is the current Secretary-General of the United Nations?
Answer: Antonio Guterres
61. Who is the longest-serving Prime Minister of Israel?
Answer: Benjamin Netanyahu
62. Which state in Nigeria has the smallest number of LGAs?
Answer: Abuja, with only seven LGAs.
63. When was the United Nations Organisation formed?
Answer: 25th April 1945
64. The first woman to become a governor in Nigeria is?
Answer: Mrs. Virginia Etiaba, Anambra State
65. What does the acronym NUPENA mean?
Answer: National Union of Petroleum Engineers and Natural Gas
66. Who is the current INEC Chairman?
Answer: Prof. Mahmood Yakubu
67. THe first female Brigadier in Nigeria?
Answer: Ronke Kale
68. Who released Nelson Mandela when he was arrested as an apartheid prisoner?
Answer: President Fredrick Declerk
69. Who is the current Chairman of UNO?
Answer: Bankie Moore from South Korea
70. Which state has the highest percentage of contribution to oil revenue in Nigeria?
Answer: Delta State
71. What is the motto of Nigeria?
Answer: Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress
72. How long does it take the earth to complete one revolution?
Answer: 365 days
73. When was the first refinery in Nigeria built?
74. When was the Federal Capital Territory created?
Ans: February 3rd, 1976
75. Who was Nigeria’s First Military Head of State?
Ans: General Yakubu Gowon
76. Who was known as the King of Afrobeat in Nigeria?
Ans: Mr Fela Anikulapo Kuti
77. Where was the United Nations Organisation formed?
Ans: San Francisco, April 1945
78. How was Sir Dele Giwa killed?
Ans: Through letter bomb
79. When was the Central Bank of Nigeria established?
80. Which authority heads the Nigerian Judiciary?
Ans: The Chief Justice of Nigeria
81. Who was the first Sultan of Sokoto?
Ans: Shehu Usman Danfodio
82. When was Nigerian Airforce established?
Ans: In 1964
83. Who was the last governor before Nigeria’s independence?
Ans: Sir James Robertson
84. Who was the first managing director of NNPC?
Ans: Chief R.A Marinho
85. When did the first world war take place?
86. Which is the second most populated country in the world?
Ans: India, following China with a population of 1,806.6 billion people.
87. When did the Nigerian civil war begin?
Ans: July 6, 1967
88. The award of honour GCFR is meant for?
Ans: Head of States only
89. What is the motto of the Nigerian Police?
Ans: The police are your friend.
90. When did the second world war take place?
91. What age is the life expectancy of a Nigerian man?
92. What does the red eagle on the Nigerian coat of arms depict?
93. What is the official language of Nigeria?
Ans: English Language
94. When was Nigeria declared and recognized as a nation?
Ans: October 1, 1960
95. How many continents are there in the world?
Ans: Seven continents
96. What does the colour yellow in the Nigerian police flag signify?
Ans: Discipline and resourcefulness
97. Who is Nigeria’s current minister of finance?
Ans: Zainab Ahmed from Kaduna State.
98. Who was the first secretary-general of United Nations Organisations?
Ans: Tryg Velie from Norway
99. When was the current president of Nigeria born?
Ans: 17 December 1942
100. How many senators make up the national assembly of Nigeria?
Ans: 109 senators
101. How many senatorial districts are the 36 states divided into?
Ans: Three senatorial districts
102. How many members does the house of Representatives of Nigeria have?
Ans: 360 members
103. Who was the first house of Representatives member?
Ans: Sir Fredric Metcalfe
104. Which is the highest mountain in the world?
Ans: Mount Everest, 29,028 feet tall
105. Who were the first Europeans to come to West Africa?
106. When did the outbreak of the American civil war take place?
107. Who was the first president of the United States of America?
Ans: George Washington
108. Who was the National President of Nigeria?
Ans: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo
109. What does the green in the Nigerian police flag represent?
Ans: Energy and life
110. How many regional divisio0ns are there in Africa?
Ans: Five regional divisions
111. How many countries makeup Middle Africa?
Ans: Nine African countries
112. When did Nigeria become a British colony?
113. Where is the Kainji Dam in Nigeria located?
Ans: Niger State
114. How many states make up the South-South geo-political zone in Nigeria?
Ans: Six states
115. When did the current president of Nigeria resume duties?
Ans: May 19, 2015
116. What is the state of origin of the president of Nigeria?
Ans: Katsina State
117. Who was the first female NAFDAC Chairman?
Ans: Prof. Dora Akunyili
118. Who invented the light bulb?
Ans: Thoma Edison
119. What was the first-ever produced Nollywood movie?
Ans: Palaver, produced in 1926
120. Who is the Vice President of Nigeria?
Ans: Oluyemi Osibanjo
121. When did the former president Umaru Yar’Adua die?
Ans: May 6, 2010
122. What discovery are the Lander brothers known for?
Ans: Discovering the source of River Niger
Related Article: 10 Interesting Psychology Research Paper Topics, Projects & Ideas
123. Who discovered the African continent?
Ans: Prince Henry the explorer from Portugal
124. When was the slave trade first abolished?
Ans: In 1803, Denmark-Norway
125. Who invented the motor car?
Ans: Karl Benz, 1885
126. What is the coldest planet in the Solar system?
127. Which is the highest court of law in Nigeria?
Ans: Supreme court of Nigeria
128. Who was the first governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria?
Ans: R.A Feton
129. When Nigerian football premier league formed?
130. What is the hottest planet in the solar system?
Ans: The Venus
131. Which is the oldest degree-awarding university in Nigeria?
Ans: University of Ibadan
132. Who was the first female Professor in Nigeria?
Ans: Elfrida Adeho
133. Which courts are the lowest in Nigeria?
Ans: Magistrate, District and customary courts
134. When was GSM introduced in Nigeria?
135. Who was the first indigenous speaker of the House of Representatives?
Ans: Jaja Wachuku, 1959.
136. Who was the first vice president of Nigeria?
Ans: Alex I. Ekwueme
137. How long does it take Mars to complete one revolution?
Ans: 687 days
138. Which of Nigeria’s past presidents is also known as an ambassador for peace?
Ans: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan
139. Who is Nigeria’s Minister of transportation?
Ans: Rotimi Amaechi
140. When was Nigeria’s currency changed to naira and kobo?
Ans: January 1st, 1973
141. When was Google founded?
Ans: 4th September 1998
142. Who discovered the internet?
Ans: Robert E. Kahn and Vint Cerf
143. When did Donald Trump assume duties as President of America?
Ans: 20th January 2017
144. Who is the inventor of the computer?
Ans: Charles Babbage
145. Who is known as the fastest man in the world?
Ans: Usain Bolt
146. What is the most common natural resource in Nigeria?
147. Where was the first modern Olympics held?
Ans: In 1896, Greece
148. How many countries are in Europe?
Ans: 44 countries
149. Who was the first African Bishop?
Ans: Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther
150. Who is the richest man in the world?
Ans: Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon
151. what is the name of the largest river in Africa
Ans: River nile
152. Where is the tallest mountain in Africa located