First, NECO simply means The National Examinations Council. Also, it is an examination body in Nigeria. And they conduct the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination on June/July. Evidently, NECO oversees the NECO GCE examination. Also, it conducts the General Certificate in Education in December/January.
NECO GCE 2021/2022 Registration
The registration for the NECO GCE 2021/2022 always begins as early as August. And the late registration is from October to Nov 2021.
Also, the examination is often held from November 2021 to December 2021.
NECO GCE Time Table 2021/2022
Firstly, it is important you pay attention to this information. However, all candidates are to note that the National Examination Council has not yet released the updated version of the Timetable for the 2021/2022 examination.
Also, the examination is usually falling this November 2021. However, there is no recent update on the examination timetable.
Thus, the National Examinations Council has neither allowed any person/agent or institution to register candidates on behalf of the Council.
Moreso, no registration should be permitted on a parallel. Also, no use of a different website other than mynecoexams.com.
Thus, the public is not to have any transaction outside the regulations of the Council. Contrary to this, the Council will take no responsibility for the consequences.
Registration: Application Process
When the application begins, follow the instructions below to register:
1. Create an Account
You can create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/. Also, by clicking the register link.
2. Activate Your Account
You will receive an activation email. Then, follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.
However, sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder. As such, check your spam folder.
Again, visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng. Use your registered email and password to login.
4. Make Payment
Note this after logging in. You can make payment for SSCE external examination. And if your payment is successful, they will issue you a four-figure table token(s).
5. Locate a Registration Point
Also, to register, visit any of the approved cybercafes operator’s registration points. Or, visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
6. Register Offline
Also, you can register by providing your information, including pictures, fingerprints, and subjects you wish to sit for.
7. Print Your Photo-Card
Additionally, provide your token to upload your data. Once the system verifies your token, they will issue you a photo card with your registration number and details.
You may also like to see WAEC syllabus for 2022
In order to upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and get examination numbers, a candidate must go through registration.
Also, the candidate must either have an online account or have it created for him or her by a cyber café.
More so, he or she is to log in to the created account. And this helps to purchase registration token (s). This is important because scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration.
Other Important Information
Regarding the NECO GCE 2021/2022 registration, below are some important information you should know:
1. Candidates should confirm the specific Venues for Oral French, Arabic, and Stenography I and IV from NECO State Office where they are sitting for the examination.
2. Also, candidates should come along with their Computer/Laptop for Stenography, Paper I and IV to the specified venue.
3. The Nigerian languages like Hausa. Igbo and Yoruba include the Literature aspect.
4. Also, blind candidates are to sit for the examination in their respective NECO State Offices. And they are to make use of the supplied Braille Sheets.
5. Also, the albinos and blind candidates are to be given 30 minutes extra time across all papers.
6. Additionally, there is no use of a scientific calculator.
7. Also, there is no use of a programmable calculator.
8. Furthermore, no use of GSM in the examination hall.
9. However, for Technical Drawing I and IV, candidates should come with their drawing instruments and materials.
With the above information, registering for the NECO GCE examination should not be a problem anymore.