United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. This post is about the vacancy for Team Lead, Middleware Management at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Middleware Management
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- To provide technical support for IBM-ACE, installation, configuration, testing and supporting Issue resolution activities related to the design and functionality of IBM-ACE.)
- Monitor the IBM-ACE environment to ensure high availability and 100% uptime.
- Vendor Management – Ensure fluid engagements with all 3rd party support providers (Vendors) to increase content on the platform and ensure they are stable.
- Team Management- should have experience in quality team-building skills, positive attitude, be detail-oriented, self-motivated and be a good team player.
Responsibilities of Middleware Management
- Check logs/email escalations and ensure all issues raised are closed within the SLA, i.e.â€¯ issue resolution, enquiries, complaints and re-routing to responsible units where applicable
- Routine housekeeping – Backup of logs periodically (daily, weekly etc.), Clean up space on the servers etc.
- Update Platform Checklist that contains all specific activities on the platform on said dates.
- Ensure deployments are correctly done and completed promptly.
- Ensure 100% platform availability at all times
- Proactive monitoring of all services, execution groups and Brokers on the IBM-ACE Servers.
- Ensure all Services on the platform are optimised and functioning as designed.
- Track Project Management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and the project remains on track.
- Manage all deployments/changes through the Bank’s approved Change Process.
- Ensure that vendor-related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various units.
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all applications deployed on the middleware applications.
- Weekly achievements report
- Weekly Review and reporting of projects and issues.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Performance Report
- Review daily transaction Performance reports identifying reasons for failures and ways to avoid them
- Provide AD HOC reports when required
- Ensure all Team related issues (Health, resources etc.) are ok and escalate immediately where required
- Ensure strict compliance by the team to all laid out rules and guidelines
- Oversee general activities of the team – weekday/weekend schedules, Leave management, etc.)
- Obtain all necessary approvals required for the team’s optimal performance (Personal and Official)
Qualifications of Middleware Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Systems Engineering
- A Second Degree in any of these disciplines, an MBA and/or technical certifications will enhance performance, though not essential.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the banking sector or any related technology field.
- Our ideal candidate must have extensive and strong knowledge of applications built on Linux, Unix, AIX and IBM-App Connect Enterprise (ACE) environment.
- A talented and forward-thinking individual who is solution-driven should have extensive experience troubleshooting, monitoring, administration of the IBM-ACE etc., and ensures 100% uptime.
- The prospective candidate must be able to support and manage projects on the IBM-ACE and related applications.
- S/he must be a solution-driven individual should be comfortable with day-to-day IBM-ACE Management activities and thrive with tight deadlines and changing needs. Experience in banking will be an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong UNIX/Linux operating system administration.
- Collaborative skills: Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Organizational skills: Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritise work and adapt during pressured situations.
- Problem-solving skills: must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation
- Firm Grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Customer experience and issue resolution
- Excellent leadership skills
- Interpersonal relationship management
- Proactive and able to work smart on own initiative
- Hands-on experience working in an applications production support/application development environment.
- Project coordination skills, including organising, prioritising and tracking all project phases.
- Trend monitoring for transactions performed on major applications hosted on the IBM-ACE platform.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values.
- We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
That is our take on Team Lead, Middleware Management at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), we wish you best of luck. please share this post with your friends.