Prominently known as Ilese School of Health, the Ogun State College of Health Technology is the primary post-optional instructive establishment in the State, and in April 2006 it turned out to be full Polytechnic. Be that as it may, the school was set up to prepare center—level labor force for the conveyance of essential medical care.
Today, I didn’t intend to brief you about how the school began, so I will jump at the chance to move directly to our subject for now which is “The rundown of courses offered at the school.”
Better believe it, the projects/courses offered at the Ilese School of Health are managed by both the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and different expert wellbeing Boards/Councils which makes their preparation novel and comprehensive.
History has it that the school had been graduating top quality center and senior-level labor for the conveyance of medical care administration in Ogun State exact and Nigeria on the loose.
The Ilese School of Health offers programmes/courses at Certificates, Diplomas, National Diplomas (NDs) and Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) levels with the aim of promoting primary health and other health-related areas.
List of Ilese School of Health Courses and Duration
Listed below are the number of courses that is available at the Ogun State College of Health Technology.
- Community Health 3 Years
- Community Ophthalmic Technician 3 Year
- Computer Science 2 Years
- Dental Surgery Techniques 3 Years
- Dental Technology 2 Years
- Dental Therapy 2 Years
- Environmental Health Technician 3 Years
- Environmental Health Technology 2 Years
- Health Assistant Programme 2 Years
- Health Information Management (Him) (Technician Programme) 3 Years
- Health Information Management (Him) 2 Years
- Health Information Management 2 Years
- Health Promotion and Education 2 Years
- Health Technician Programme 3 Years
- Junior Community Health 2 Year
- Medical Imaging Processing Technician 3 Years
- Medical Laboratory Science 3 Years
- Medical Social Work 2 Years
- Nutrition & Dietetics 2 Years
- Paramedic Technology 3 Year
- Pharmacy Technician 3 Years
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation 2 Years
- Public Health Nursing 2 Year
- Water and Sanitation Technology 2 Years
General Requirement for Ilese School of Health Admission
- Minimum of five (5) credits O/level passes, in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physic and Biology obtain in WAEC/NECO or NABTEB in not more than two (2) sittings. However, all applicants for National Diploma (ND) programme should also endeavour to obtain JAMB form.
- Applicants with awaiting results can also apply. Such applicants should indicate AR in the column for O/Level Results on the Application Form. Nonetheless, the O/Level Results being awaited must be ready before admission exercise as no student would be considered for admission without O/Level Results.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes applicants are required to have their National Diploma (ND) not lower than Lower Credit in the relevant course/programme in addition to the Good O/Level requirements stated in (1) above.