NYSC PPA in Abia State: If you are hoping to serve in Abia state but don’t know whether you can get a good NYSC PPA in the state, then this article is for you.
Your NYSC service is a one year exercise which every graduate that is a Nigerian must undergo.
In the course of your NYSC service year, you will be posted to a different primary place of assignment (PPA) to discharge your duties.
So, if after your NYSC application, you find yourself in Abia state, I know you would only like to serve in the best PPA in the state.
This article will present you a comprehensive list of some of the best NYSC PPA in Abia state.
Also, you will learn a lot about the state – security issues, how much Abia state pays corners etc.
In fact, let’s start with knowing the condition of Abia state for NYSC service.
FAQs about NYSC PPA in Abia State
Is Abia state good for NYSC service?
To judge whether Abia state is a good state for NYSC, there are a lot of factors we need to consider.
This is because everyone has their own taste.
As a result, you will not expect my judgement to be the same as yours.
With that in mind, let’s begin our judgement from the camp.
1. What is the nature of Abia State NYSC Orientation camp?
The Abia state NYSC orientation camp is one of the best camps to go for the compulsory three weeks Nysc orientation course.
First, the camp is in a very good location.
The Abia state NYSC orientation camp is located in Umunna, Bende Local government of the state.
And unlike most other camps, this camp is located away from heavy traffic.
The location of the camp is perfectly sited to eliminate every stress and inconvenience any stranger may encounter in locating it.
It also has a constant water supply enough to serve everyone in the camp.
At least, this is a good first impression, better than the lack of water in Enugu state NYSC camp or the traffic you’ll find in Lagos state.
2. What is the environment like in Abia state?
Abia state is an Eastern state, so you’d expect to see more Igbos in the area.
Although people from other tribes still live and do their business in the state without worries.
Although Umuahia is the state capital, you will find that Aba is the loudest place in the state.
And that’s because Aba hosts one of the largest markets in west Africa.
The weather condition of the area is pretty fair, although it still rains a lot in the state.
3. What is the state of infrastructures in Abia state
By infrastructures, I’m referring to roads, water, electricity, Internet connection etc.
Starting with the roads in the state, I will rate it average.
I have not visited in a while, but the last time I did, there was serious work going on.
Prior to that time, the roads were terribly terrible, especially in Aba.
As for water, do not expect to get pipe borne water from the state.
Although many homes have boreholes where you can fetch clean water.
Electricity is the same as everywhere else in Nigeria – Unstable.
Finally, you can find 4G LTE network connection in most parts of the state that is close to the city.
4. What is the cost of living in Abia state as an NYSC corps member?
The cost of living in Abia is relatively cheap.
The low cost of housing is an incentive that attracts a lot of people to the state.
Also, the presence of one of the biggest markets in West Africa in the state makes things a lot cheaper.
If you get an NYSC PPA in Aba, where the biggest market Abia state is located, you will be able to buy things at ridiculous prices.
Food is cheap, clothing, shoes, bags and many other things are very affordable.
Also the transport cost in the state is fair enough.
You will not have to spend too much to get to any location within the state.
5. Is Abia state safe for NYSC corps members?
Abia state is very safe for corps members who choose to serve there.
The state is full of business people who love to mind their business.
As a result, you may not witness any crisis.
But you have to be wary of security operatives especially if you have an iPhone.
To avoid embarrassment, always move around with your NYSC ID card and your face cap.
Another issue that may arise is the Biafra IPOB agitation.
You don’t have to worry about this because it comes as a wave and almost immediately dies down.
6. How much does Abia state government pay NYSC corps members
Abia state is one of the most loved states for corps members who are serving.
That’s because Abia state pays as much N5,000 monthly to NYSC corps members whose PPA is with government parastatals.
So, if your NYSC PPA in Abia state is with a private company, do not expect this payment from the government.
Don’t get me wrong, most of the private NYSC PPA in Abia state pay their corps members.
However, there are still some that do not pay or may just give a little stipend to cover for your transport.
In such a case, make sure you grab as much experience from the company as possible so that you don’t lose out totally.
List of companies that accept NYSC corps members in Abia state
Now that we know so much about Abia state, let’s see the different companies that accept corpers in the state.
There are many good places for your NYSC primary assignment (PPA) in Abia state, and they cut across several industries.
However, most of the best and government NYSC PPA are located in Umuahia.
Depending on your field, you can research for a good PPA in Abia state.
Umuahia and Aba are good places to start your search
Here is the list of the best NYSC PPA that you can find in Abia state.
- D ‘LORD, MASELI & PARTNERS
- D.E.R. LTD
- DANA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
- DEZERN NIGERIA LTD
- DIAMOND BANK PLC
- DOZZY OIL & GAS LTD
- DUEMAN CHEMICALS LTD
- ECOBANK NIGERIA PLC
- EJIX MARITIME LTD
- EKENE DILI CHUKWU NIGERIA LTD
- EMAN AKWIWU & COMPANY
- ENITONA NIGERIA LTD
- ETERNIT LIMITED
- EZER A INTERNATIONAL GROUP OF COMPANIES LTD
- FALCON CHEMICALS LTD
- FEDERAL MORTGAGE BANK OF NIGERIA (FMBN)
- FIDELITY BANK PLC
- FIDSON HEALTHCARE LIMITED
- FINEPRO MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD
- FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK PLC
- FIRSTCALL GROUP LTD
- FLORA TRUWORTHS LTD
- FORTUNE ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- FRIESLAND FOODS WAMCO NIGERIA PLC
- GEE PEE INDUSTRIES LTD
- GEMINI PHARMACEUTICALS NIGERIA LTD
- GENERIC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LTD
- GONGONI COMPANY LIMITED
- GOSORD SECURITIES LTD
- GRAND CEREALS AND OIL LTD
- GROUP ENTERPRISES (NIGERIA) LTD
- GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
- GUINEA INSURANCE PLC
- GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC
- GYERITCH INVESTMENT NIGERIA LTD
- HARDIS & DROMEDAS LTD
- HERITAGE CAPITAL MARKETS LTD
- HOGAN GUARDS LTD
- HOTEL ROYAL DAMGRETE LTD
- HOTEL TERMINUS COMPLEX LTD
- HITECH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LIMITED
- I.F JOHNSON LTD
- IBIMO INDUSTRIES LTD
- IDEKE SHIPPING LTD
- IKE GOD GROUP OF COMPANIES (NIG.) LTD
- INDUSTRIAL and COMMERCIAL PROJECTS (NIG.) LTD
- INDUSTRIAL AND GENERAL INSURANCE PLC
- INDUSTRIAL PROJ ECTS INTERNATIONAL (NIG.) LTD
- INFINITY MERCHANTS (NIG.) LTD
- INSURANCE PHB
- INTERAGRIC GROUP OF COMPANIES
- INTERLAND TRANSPORT LTD
- INTERNATIONAL CONTROL SYSTEMS LTD
- INTERNATIONAL EQUITABLE ASSOCIATION (COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL) LTD
- IZU CHUKWU TRANSPORT NIG. LTD
- J.UDEAGBALA HOLDINGS (NIG.) LTD
- JAYKAY CARPET INDUSTRIES LTD
- JEFA TRAVELS & TOURS LTD
- JEVINIK RESTAURANTS
- JOELEE INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD
- KATES ASSOCIATED INDUSTRIES LTD
- KENSINGTON PHARMACEUTICALS NIGERIA LTD
- KIWI (NIG ERIA) LTD
- KORAMA CLOVER INDUSTRIES LTD
- LAMBIC TECHNICAL & GENERAL SERVICES LTD
- LEABROS NIG. LTD
- LEADY-PHARMA INDUSTRIES LTD
- LEASING COMPANY OF NIG. LTD
- LEVENTIS MOTORS
- LIFE FLOUR GROUP
- LINKAGE ASSURANCE PLC
- LIVESTOCK FEEDS PLC
- MADUAKO GROUP LTD
- MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS NIGRIA LTD
- MAGI TRADING COMPANY LTD
- MALDINI GRANIT E & MARBLE LTD
- MASTERS ENERGY OIL & GAS LTD
- MAYFRESH SAVING S & LOANS LTD
- MAYWEATHER INVESTMENTS LTD
- NIGER OPTICAL SERVICES COMPANY (NIGERIA) LTD
- NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
- NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC
- NIGERITE LIMITED
- NNEJI & SONS ELECTRIC LTD
- NORMAN INDUSTRIES LTD
- NORTH-SOUTH ALUMINIUM PRODUCTS LTD
- NOSAK LTD
- NUBI EDUCATIONAL COUNSELING
- NYCIL LIMITED
- O.O. INTERNATIONAL NIG. LTD
- OBIANWU, NWOKEDI & COMPANY
- OBIKE INDUSTRIES (NIG.) LTD
- OKOLO OKOLO & COMPANY
- ORANGE DRUGS LIMITED
- PEACE MASS TRANSIT LTD
- PESTKIL (NIGERIA) LTD
- PETER E. VENTURES (NIGERIA) LTD
- PETSOW LABORATORIES LTD
- PILGRIMS BOOKS LTD
- PINEFIELDS INVESTMENT SERVICES LTD
- POLY PRODUCTS NIGERIA PLC
- PRECIOUS HEALTH CARE LTD
- PREMIER STANDARD INDUSTRIAL LTD
- PZ CUSSONS NIGERIA PLC
- QUALITEX TEXTILES LTD
- REALS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
- REGENCY ALLIANCE INSURANCE PLC
- SEVEN-UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC
- SPEEDMARK SERVICES LTD
- STALLION GROUP OF COMPANIES
- STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC
- STAR PAPER MILL LIMITED
- STARCOMMS LIMITED
- Total Telecommunications Service Provider
- STARLlNE NIGERIA LIMITED
- STERLING BANK PLC
- SUPERCOR INDUSTRIES LTD
- SWEET APPLE SERVICES LTD
- SWIFT MICROFINANCE BANK LTD
- SWISS PHARMA NIGERIA LIMITED (SWIPHA)
- SYSTEM METAL INDUSTRIES LTD
- TANU GROUP
- TARGET INTERNATIONAL LTD
- THE IBETO GROUP
- THE UNIVERSAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- TIDE EXPRESS LINK LTD
- TIGER FOODS LTD
- TIME-LINE CONSULT LTD
- TRADEWAYS EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL LTD
- TURA INTERNATIONAL LTD
- TRU VISION LTD
- UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC
- ULOHO & COMPANY
- UNION ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC
- UNIVERSITY PRESS PLC
- V.I.P. INDUSTRIES LTD
- V.I.P. MERCHANDISE ENTERPRISES LTD
- IDAC EQUIPMENT NIGERIA LTD
- VINNA INVESTMENTS LTD
- VITAFOAM NIGERIA PLC
- W. J. BUSH & COMPANY (NIG.) LTD
- WEMA BANK PLC
- ZENON LABORATORIES and CHEMICAL IND. LTD
- AFRICAN PAINTS (NIGERIA) PLC
- AIR LlQUIDE NIGERIA PLC
- AKU INTERNATIONAL (NIG.) LTD
- AMACO INVESTMENTS LTD
- AMSCO NIGERIA LTD
- APK EXPRESS SERVICES LTD
- AQUA-DERA TECHNOLOGIES LTD
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- AROLAB NIGERIA LTD
- ASSOCIATED BUS COMPANY PLC (ABC Transport)
- BANK OF INDUSTRY LIMITED
- BENJACK TRANSWORLD AGENCIES LTD
- BICU & SONS LTD
- BIG TREAT PLC
- BIN EZ HOTELS LTD
- BIO-ORGANICS NUTRIENT SYSTEMS LTD
- BOI INVESTMENT AND TRUST CO. LTD
- BOURDEX TELECOMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
- BUNDI INTERNATIONAL DIAGNOSTICS LTD
- C.F. CANUTE LTD
- CHELLARAMS PLC
- CHARPMAN EXPRESS LTD
- CHASLIT CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES LTD
- CHIEME GROUP OF COMPANIES
- CHUKS MUOMA (SAN) ASSOCIATES
- CLARION MEDICALS LTD
- CLAYBORNE TRADING CO. LTD
- COBITA INVEST NIG. LTD
- COM ETSTAR CABLE and WIRE MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD
- COMMUNICATION TRENDS NIG. LTD
- COMPLETE PROJECTS ENGINEERING CONSORTIUM LTD
- CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC
- COSCHARIS MOTORS LIMITED
- COSMIC FOAM & CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES (NIG.) LTD
- CRUSADER INSURANCE (NIGERIA) PLC
- C TN EXPRESS LTD
- CUTIX PLC
How to apply to these companies to accept your NYSC service request
To apply to these companies, the first thing you have to do is to get their contact or someone who you can talk to for guidance.
A good way to get a contact is by visiting their website, if they have one, or walk into the place physically.
This is the best time to make Google your friend until you find an email or phone number that will be helpful in your quest.
If you stay close to the office address, it will be easier for you to walk in and submit your application in person.
What do companies look for when accepting corpers serving in Abia state?
The process of hire for many companies does not change because you are a corps member.
Although, they will cut you some slack, but that does not mean they will overlook everything else.
The first thing most companies look out for is your academic qualification.
With a first class or a second class upper result, you will automatically become a hot cake ready for hire.
But it will do you much good is your course of study tallies with what the available position in the company.
For instance, a person who studied financial accounting and graduated with a good result will be preferable in a bank or accounting department of a firm
There are other requirements, and they are mostly soft skills. They include;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a computer well
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good morals
If you have any other certification or qualities that will be enticing to your employer, then add them in your application.
How to get the Best PPA to accept you during your NYSC service in Abia state
First and foremost, Abia State NYSC will give you a posting letter to a predetermined PPA within the state.
Although, I have witnessed cases where those who have issues may choose to relocate to a new PPA.
Normally, NYSC does not encourage relocations away from your PPA, so make sure your read the NYSC rules and regulations to make sure you do not default.
Some of the challenges for which NYSC will accept your request to relocate to another PPA or away from an LGA is if you have a physical disability, illness, security or accomodation problem.
If you have any of the aforementioned issues, they may honour your request to relocate.
To get through best NYSC PPA of your choice in Abia state, you have to write an application letter to them.
In your letter, you have to state that you are a corper and then mention other reasons why they should hire you.
Make sure you submit your application alongside photocopies of neccessary documents including your credentials, results and certificates.
If the company accepts you, you will have to collect a request letter from them which you will present to NYSC as an alternative for the previous PPA.
Note that the current PPA you are trying to move away from must reject you before you present the request letter.
It will take some days up to two weeks before your new PPA will reflect on your NYSC portal.
Summary of the best PPA for services in Abia state
Your service year is an avenue to make good connections, gain exposure and learn from other cultures.
So, if you happen to be posted to Abia state, it will do you good to explore the state as much as you can.
But the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you get a good PPA in Abia state for your NYSC service.
Good luck in your service year.