Looking forward to undergoing your medical education in Nigeria? See the list of all the best and accredited medical schools in Nigeria here.
A medical school is a tertiary educational institution, or part of such an institution, that teaches medicine and awards a professional degree for physicians and surgeons. Such medical degrees include the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Doctor of Medicine, or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
Also read check the list of accredited universities in Nigeria
In this post, you will see the medical schools’ names, but we will do will to include their official webpage URL, just in case you want to know more about the school and possibly how to apply for admission.
Yes, there are more than 17 medical schools in Nigeria that offer the best medical education services, of which you’ll get to see them here.
List of All Fully Accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State
- College of Health Sciences, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
- College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi Araba, Lagos State
- College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State
- College of Health Sciences, University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State
- College of Health Sciences, Usman Dan Fodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto State
- College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Oyo State
- College of Medicine, University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- College of Health Sciences, University of Calabar, Cross River State
- College of Medicine, Lagos State University, Ikeja, Lagos State
- College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Plateau State
- Faculty of Medicine, Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences, Sagamu, Olabisi Onabanjo (formerly Ogun State) University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State.
- Faculty of Health Sciences, Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State
- College of Health Science, Madonna University Okija
- College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Benin-City, Edo State
- Oba Okunade College of Health Sciences Igbinedion University Okada, Benin -City, Edo State
- College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Ozara-Ituku. Enugu State
- College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi, Anambra State
- Faculty of Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kaduna State
- College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Borno State
- College of Health Sciences, Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State
- College of Medicine, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, Enugu State
- College Of Health Sciences, University of Uyo, Uyo, Cross River State
List of Partially Accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria
- College of Health Sciences, Bingham University Karu, Nasarawa.State
- College of Health Sciences, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- College of Health Sciences, Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State
How to choose Accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria
Here’s what to look out for when selecting a medical school to study in Nigeria:
Area is exceptionally fundamental. Most clinical understudies in Nigeria concentrate in clinical schools where they intend to work in or live. This is a significant factor, how esteemed a clinical school is isn’t however significant as how far or close to the school seems to be. Nearness to family or social help can impact how fruitful a clinical understudy will be.
Cost is fundamentally significant. Some private colleges charge a large number of Naira for their clinical schools and organization. State colleges additionally have moderately costly clinical schools. Government colleges are a lot less expensive and reasonable. Monetary pressure can contrarily influence one’s presentation in clinical school.
On the off chance that you are wanting to work in future, concentrating in lofty clinical schools may work well for you instead of genuinely obscure clinical school. For example, concentrating in College of Medicine, University of Lagos may make it simpler to secure an association or lucrative occupation abroad than concentrating in College of Health Sciences, Bingham University Karu.
Since you’ve seen the rundown of all clinical schools in Nigeria? What’s you take on this post? Was it useful? Assuming indeed, benevolently leave a remark beneath.
Likewise, assuming you need to find out about any of the schools recorded above, I beg you to look through the school’s name that you are keen on google, and you will discover each data that you need to think about it.