JAMB Geography Questions & Answers : JAMB Registration and sales of form is ongoing currently and the Examinations date has also been announced. For this reason, Students have been searching online. JAMB Questions and Answers on Geography CBT exams, JAMB Geography answers, JAMB Geography Expo, JAMB Geography runs, JAMB Geography Answers.
However, We have done a great job on this – JAMB Geography Answers and Questions 2022 have been solved and made available here on FlashalAcademy for any candidate to make good use of them. JAMB 2022 Geography Questions and Answers that you are looking for is right here. In light of this, I will advise you to keep in mind that these are not the actual questions you will see in your JAMB Examinations but these are the questions that comes out every year which is why you need it.
Causes of JAMB Failure & How To Fix
Laziness: One of the biggest reasons why students fail examination is laziness. A lecturer once said “we don’t have dumb students, but lazy students.” When a student is lazy, he finds it difficult to read, attend classes, do homework, and make researches and other things that can ensure examination success.
Too Engaged: Some students are just too engaged in one activity or the other that they have no time to figure out why they are too engaged.
Friends: If you keep friends who don’t mind failing, then you are not far from failing. These friends would make sure they discourage you from studying hard for exams
Mind-set: Many people don’t really know what the mind-set is one of the reasons why students fail exam. Everything in life lies in the mind. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t — you’re right” (Henry Ford).
Over-Confidence: Some students are too confident of themselves that they overlook those tiny things that count. Over-confidence could lead to
JAMB Syllabus For Geography 2022/2023
Do you really want to download JAMB Syllabus for Geography? If you are interested in JAMB syllabus for Geography then it will please you to know that We have the real JAMB syllabus for Geography here in this post you are currently reading.
What Is Geography JAMB Syllabus All About?
The Geography JAMB syllabus is an outline containing topics that candidates are expected to study for their JAMB – UTME Exams after registration.
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination syllabus in Geography is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination.
IT IS DESIGNED TO TEST THEIR ACHIEVEMENT OF THE COURSE OBJECTIVES, WHICH ARE TO:
1. Handle And Interpret Topographical Maps, Statistical Data And Diagrams, And Basic Field Survey
2. Demonstrate Knowledge Of Man’s Physical And Human Environment And How Man Lives And Earns A Living On Earth Surface With Special Reference To Nigeria And Africa
3. Show Understanding Of The Interrelationship Between Man And His Environment
4. Apply Geographical Concepts, Skills, And Principles To Solving Problems.
BELOW ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU WILL DERIVE FROM HAVING THE JAMB Geography SYLLABUS:
1. Getting the Geography syllabus will enable you to know the topics you need to prepare for.
2. You will get to know what you’re expected to know from each of the topics.
3. The recommended texts section also outlines the list of Geography books (titles, authors, and editions) you can read.
JAMB Syllabus For Geography
Below is the approved JAMB Syllabus For Geography:
2. Scale and Measurement
3. Map Reading and Interpretation
4. Interpretation of Statistical Data
5. Elementary Surveying
6. Geographic Information System (GIS)
7. Physical Geography
8. The earth as a planet
9. The Earth Crust
10. Volcanism and Earthquakes
11. Denudation processes in the tropics
12. Water Bodies
13. Weather and Climate
16. Environmental Resources
17. Environmental interaction
18. Environmental hazards
19. Environmental Conservation
20. Human Geography
22. Selected economic activities
23. Regional Geography
24. Broad outline of Nigeria
25. Economic and Human Geography
JAMB Geography Exam Questions Hints
JAMB Geography Questions will be likely set from the following Geography topics:
• Tectonic processes, landforms & hazards
• Weather processes
• Climate Conditions
• Solar System
• Coastal processes, landforms & management
• Water & river processes, landforms & management
• Glacial processes, landforms & management
• Geological processes & landforms
• Urban change & growth
• Economic Change
• Food resources
• Water resources Topics
• Energy resources Topics
• Earth and Resource Science Topics
• Wild life
JAMB CBT Past Questions and Answers on Geography
- The total population of a country can be obtained from its
- A) National Census
- B) birth and death rates
- C) sample survey
- D) birth rate
- The most significant way the components of an ecosystem can be identified is that, there must be a degree of
- A) independent inter-relationship existing among them
- B) complexity
- C) reciprocal inter-relationship existing among them
- D) adaptation
- Which of the following terms relates population size to land?
- A) Density
- B) Census
- C) Intensity
- D) Demography
- The problems of unemployment, housing, traffic congestion and environment degradation are associated with
- A) industrialization
- B) political disturbances.
- C) slums
- D) urbanization
- Rural settlements are important to urban centres because they provide
- A) labour
- B) road
- C) transport
- D) capital
- Settlements that develop along communication routes are likely to be
- A) linear
- B) oval
- C) nucleated
- D) dispersed
- The greatest advantage of road transportation over other modes is that the former is
- A) cheaper
- B) less risky
- C) faster
- D) more flexible
- The best breeds of dairy cattle can be found in
- A) Australia
- B) Asia
- C) Europe
- D) South America
- The greatest benefit of mixed farming is that
- A) the animals feed from crop farming.
- B) the animals produce the manure for crop production
- C) it combines the advantage of crop and animal husbandry
- D) it is very cheap to practice
1O. Which of the following is the busiest and most important world shipping route?
Also read: 100+ Key Points on Jamb Physics 2022
- A) The Panama Canal route
- B) The South Atlantic route.
- C) The Cape route
- D) The North Atlantic route.
- The major trading partners of the Anglophone West African countries are
- A) Britain, USA, Germany and Japan
- B) Germany, China, South Africa and Norway
- C) Belgium, India, Columbia and Chile
- D) Chile, Pakistan, Japan and Britain
- Which of the following is true of inter community relationship? Options
- A) Females migrates to rural areas to give birth
- B) Youth migrate to urban areas in search of jobs
- C) Immigrants settle in the city’s central Business District
- D) City dwellers seek schools for their children in rural areas
- If a country has a population of 20,000,000 and its size is 1,000,000 km² then its population density is
- A) 5 persons/km²
- B) 15 persons/km²
- C) 20 persons/km²
- D) 30 persons/km²
- Which of the following criteria is not important in distinguishing between a village and a town?
- A) Geographical situation
- B) Population size
- C) Range of functions
- D) Variety activities
- One of the problems limiting the achievement of the objectives of the Economic Community of West African states is
- A) Use of common currency
- B) Strong colonial ties
- C) Climatic differences
- D) Similarity in languages
- One on the usefulness of import tariff on Imported goods is the _______?
- A) Encouragement of importation from abroad
- B) Multiplication of foreign goods in local markets
- C) Protection of infant industries
- D) Saving of money in foreign accounts
- Cattle ranching is not common in the forest region of West Africa because of the _______?
- A) Scarcity of grass for fodder
- B) Presence of tsetse flies
- C) Absence of FulanWe herdsmen
- D) Presence of wild life
- The location of market gardening near large cities is best explained by
- A) Availability of power
- B) Fertile soil
- C) Perishability of products
- D) Efficient transportation
- Which of the following is not typical submarine relief feature?
- A) Roche moutonnee
- B) Continental shelf
- C) Deep sea plain
- D) Continental slope
- E) Ocean deep
2O. In which regions can stalactites, swallow holes and caverns be found?
- A) Plateau regions
- B) Coastal regions
- C) Mountainous regions
- D) Limestone regions
- The remains of eroded highland in desert and semi-desert environments are commonly called
- A) Seif dunes
- B) Barchains
- C) Inselbergs
- D) Volcanic plug
- The time in town X on longitude 15°E is 4.00 pm. What will be the time in town Y on longitude 15°W?
- A) 2.00 am
- B) 2.00 pm
- C) 6.00 pm
- D) 6.00 am
- Which of the following is an advantage of solar energy over other sources of energy?
- A) It is easily renewable
- B) It requires physical gradient difference
- C) The demand for it comes from specialized agencies
- D) Its waste is different
- One relative advantage of water transport over road transport is its
- A) A great speed over long distances
- B) Capacity for carrying bulky goods
- C) Ability to link all parts of a country
- D) Ability to withstand bad weather
- The number of people living in a unit area of land is termed its
- A) Birth rate
- B) Death rate
- C) Dependency ratio
- D) Population density
- An effect of rural-urban migration on the source region is
- A) Rural depopulation
- B) Urban depopulation
- C) Rural employment
- D) Rural unemployment
- Which of the following best explains the high rate of population growth in West Africa?
- A) Birth control polices
- B) High birth rate and low death rate
- C) Low birth rate and high death rate
- D) High rate of immigration
- Which of the following features distinguishes heavy industries from light industries?
- A) Complexities of processing techniques
- B) Amount of waste products generated
- C) Ownership structure of the firm
- D) Source of raw materials
- The cheapest mode of transport for the conveyance of bulky goods across countries is
- A) Air
- B) Land
- C) Pipeline
- D) Water
3O. Deposition of fine grained sand carried over long distance by wind is known as
- A) Chernozem
- B) Laterite
- C) Loess
- D) Podzols
- The core of the earth is also called ______?
- A) Mesosphere
- B) Lithosphere
- C) Hydrosphere
- D) Barysphere
- Which of the following environmental resources is non-renewable
- A) Rain
- B) Minerals
- C) Water
- D) Oxygen
- Relief rainfall is common around the
- A) Lowland areas
- B) Peneplains
- C) Highland areas
- D) Sahara desert
- Which of the following features is of volcanic origin?
- A) Sill
- B) Zeugen
- C) Loess
- D) Gorge
- The instrument used for measuring atmospheric pressure is
- A) Hygrometer
- B) Barometer
- C) Thermometer
- D) Anemometer
- The gradual breakdown of rocks in situ by either physical or chemical process is called
- A) Erosion
- B) Denudation
- C) Weathering
- D) Deposition
- The Fourth planet from the sun in the solar system is
- A) Mercury
- B) Uranus
- C) Neptune
- D) Mars
- Which rock type involves stratification?
- A) Metamorphic
- B) Sedimentary
- C) Volcanic
- D) Igneous
- Which type of rainfall occurs when two air masses of different temperatures and other physical properties meet?
- A) Orographic rainfall
- B) Relief rainfall
- C) Cyclonic rainfall
- D) Convectional rainfall.
Geography Questions, these are the Frequently Set Questions in JAMB for Geography and the Answers. As We said earlier practicing this questions will undoubtedly do you good and boost your chance of getting 300+ in JAMB Geography Questions trust me.