Did you make any mistake during JAMB registration and wish to know how to do the JAMB Correction of Data 2022? If your answer is yes, then this article is all about that.
This information will guide you on how to correct JAMB mistakes that you made during the registration at a CBT center.
Is JAMB of Correction of Data still on?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has given all applicants the opportunity to correct all data/mistakes they feel is wrong or inconsistent through the JAMB correction of the data portal.
On one occasion or the other, JAMB candidates make mistakes during JAMB registration.
Some of the mistakes might come from typo-error like misspelling while others could be a wrong presentation, mismatch, or inconsistent information/data.
How much is JAMB Correction of Data/Mistakes fee
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) has directed candidates are to pay a correction fee of Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (₦2,500) only for each correction they make.
That means that each correct attracts the fee of Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (₦2,500) only. So candidates who wish to correct multiple mistakes will have to pay to correct each of their mistakes.
Therefore, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) correction of data/mistakes fee is Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (₦2,500) for each correction
Note: this fee is non-refundable and once payment is only valid for one correct at a time. So be careful about what you do to avoid multiple mistakes which will cost you to pay much than expected.
Common JAMB Mistakes that can be corrected
Correction of Mistake in Biodata: Some mistakes made in your Biodata can be corrected. Biodata mistakes that can be corrected include;
- Do Change of Names here
- State of Origin. Do JAMB Change of State of Origin here
- Local Government of Origin. Do Change of L.G.A here
- Date of Birth. Do Change of Date of Birth here
Correction of Mistake in Choice: Candidates who wish to make some changes to their choice can apply for JAMb correction of data. Candidates’ Choices that can be corrected include;
- Change of Institution
- Choice of course
- Change of institution allows candidates to change from any school and select a new school as their first choice. Change of course allows candidates to change from one course to another within their school of choice.
How To Do JAMB Correction of Mistakes
In whatever case your mistake maybe, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has given all applicants the grace to correct all data/information they feel is wrong or inconsistent through the JAMB correction of the data portal.
- To do any correction, Login to JAMB correction portal at http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- Login using your JAMB profile Email and Password.
- Select “UTME Data Correction” if you applied as a UTME candidate
- Else, select “DE Data Correction” if you are a direct entry candidate.
- Finally, click on the “payment button” to proceed and make your payment.
- After the payment, you will be given the access to correct the data you paid for.