The JAMB Agriculture syllabus is the topic you must study for the UTME examination.
Using the JAMB syllabus to study for your examination is the open secret to getting a high score.
The JAMB Agriculture syllabus also contains objectives for each topic. These objectives are what you must know for every topic you study.
This post contains the complete list of topics in the JAMB Agriculture syllabus.
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Science Students 2022
Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions.
JAMB Syllabus for Agriculture
Here is the JAMB syllabus for Agriculture.
- Application of ICT in Agriculture
- Farm Machinery and Implements
- Farm Surveying and Farmstead Planning
- Introduction to Agricultural Research and Statistics
- Introduction to Biotechnology
- Mechanization and Sources of Farm Power
- Processing and Storage
- Simple Farm Tools
Agriculture Economics and Extension
- Agricultural Extension
- Basic Economic Principles
- Characteristic Features of Agricultural Production
- Factors of Agricultural Production
- Farm Management
- Labour Management
- Marketing of Agricultural Produce
- Crop Diseases
- Crop Husbandry
- Crop Improvement
- Crop Pests
- Cropping Systems, Planting Patterns and Plant Densities
- Forest Management (Silviculture)
- Growth, Development and Reproduction
- Land Preparation and Soil Tillage
- Pasture and Forage Crops
- Plant Forms and Functions
- Plant Propagation Methods
- Rocks and Soil Formation
- Soil Water and Soil Conservation
- Soil Fertility
- Anatomy and Physiology of Farm Animals
- Animal Health
- Animal Improvement
- Animal Nutrition
- Bee-Keeping (Apiculture)
- Fisheries and Wildlife
- Forms and Classification of Major Farm Animals in West Africa
- General Terminology in Animal Production
- Livestock Management
- Reproduction in Farm Animals
- Agricultural Ecology
- Farm Inputs
- History of Agricultural Development in West Africa
- Importance of Agriculture
- Meaning and Scope of Agriculture
- Roles of Government and NGO in Agricultural Development
If you are getting prepared for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conduct by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board then you have nothing to fair. Newsedung.com will provide all the necessary guides that will help the student to come out in flying colors excluding expos.
If you are participating in the upcoming UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination), and you need the Jamb Agriculture outlines topic that needs to be read for the preparation of the Jamb Examination, then I guess this article is for you;
Steps to take before obtaining the 2022/2023 Jamb Form;
• Choice a course
• Make a research on the course
• Search for the O’level requirement for the course
• Then Lastly, Check the Jamb Subject combination of the course if Agriculture is among the subject combination of the course you wish to study then you are good to go.
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination syllabus in Agriculture is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
• Stimulate and sustain their interest in Agriculture;
• Acquire basic knowledge and practical skills in Agriculture;
• Acquire the knowledge of interpretation and the use of data;
• Stimulate their ability to make deductions using the acquired knowledge in Agriculture.
The syllabus is divided into five sections as given below:
• General Agriculture
• Animal Production
• Agricultural Economics and Extension
• Agricultural Technology
JAMB Agriculture Syllabus 2022/2023 Recommend Textbook
• Adeniyi, M. O. et al (1999) Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Agricultural Science, Ibadan: Evans
• Akinsanmi, O. (2000) Junior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman.
• Akinsanmi, O. (2000) Senior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman.
• Anthonio, Q. B. O. (1999) General Agriculture for West Africa, London: George Allen
• Are, L. A. et al (2010) Comprehensive Certificate Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools, University Press Plc.
• Egbuna, C. K. et al (2014) Extension Modern Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools (2010), Extension Publication
• Emmanuel C. A. (2003) A Dictionary of Agriculture, Benue: Agitab Publisher Makurdi
• Falusi, A. O. and Adeleye, I. O. A (2000) Agricultural Science for Junior Secondary Schools Books 1- 3, Ibadan: Onibonoje
• Komolafe, M. F., Adegbola, A. A., Are, L. A. and Ashaye, T. I. (2004) Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools 1, 2 and 3, Ibadan: University Press Ltd.
• Philips T. A. (1986) Agricultural Notebook, Lagos: Longman
• STAN (1999) Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools, Lagos: Longman
Okay that is our take on JAMB Agriculture: Syllabus and recommended books and we wish you a good result as you prepare