Register For INEC PVC: The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has commenced the online continuous voter registration exercise where intending voters can register for their INEC PVC online before they complete the process at a designated centre.
Some of the features on the portal includes the ability to update personal information or transfer voter registration to another polling unit.
Registered voters can also request for replacement of damaged or defaced Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVC) on the portal.
Meanwhile, new voters are only required to fill the forms on the portal with their biodata and required documents, after which they are expected to visit an INEC state or local government office.
At the INEC offices, which they can visit from July 19, they will be requested to provide fingerprints to complete the registration.
To register as a voter online
- First, visit the INEC online registration portal at http://www.cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Create an account on the registration portal with your email address. An activation link to confirm your email address will be sent to you.
- After confirming your email address, fill the online form with correct and relevant information.
- You will also have the option to select a convenient date and time that you wish to visit the INEC office for biometric capturing.
- After filling the form, click on the submission button to complete your pre-registration.
- If your submission was successful, an application slip containing your application ID, a QR code, and relevant details will be generated for you
- Print your application slip.
- Visit an INEC registration centre with your application slip at the scheduled date for biometric capture.
- After your registration is completed, a registration slip will be issued to you which can be used to collect your permanent voter’s card (PVC) when it is ready.
7 Easy Steps To Register For INEC PVC Online
How to register for PVC online- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has launched the process for eligible Nigerian voters to register to vote in the 2023 general elections by opening an online portal for registration for Permanent Voters Card.
Who needs this article?
Nigerians above 18 who are eligible to vote, and have not registered for their Permanent Voters Cards.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to register for INEC PVC online in 7 easy steps with pictures.
1. Visit the website.
To register for your PVC, visit https://cvr.inecnigeria.org and click on “Sign in/Register”.
2. Create an account.
Create an account by either signing in with your Google or Facebook account, or filling the short form provided on the website.
When you’re done, you should see a message like this:
3. Confirm your account.
Sign in to your email and find the confirmation email you must have received. Click the link to verify your account, and it’ll redirect you to a “success” page. Now you’re ready to register online for your INEC PVC online.
It should look like this:
5. Log in, and fill the form.
Go back to the portal, log in and fill the online form with the required accurate information.
The form also asks you to upload supporting documents. You can snap and upload a picture of your national identity.
6. Select a date for biometric capturing.
After filling the form with accurate information, proceed to select a convenient date and time for your biometric capturing. This capturing will be done at an INEC centre. Make sure you choose a date and time convenient for you regardless of your working hours.
It is recommended that you choose a centre that is nearest to you. Find a list of all registration area centres across the country here.
Also, search for the polling unit closest to you here.
UPDATE: There is a part of the process where you have to upload your photograph, but instead of an upload button, there’s a “start camera” button which didn’t work for me, and that’s where I’m stuck.
7. Submit and print your Application Slip
Confirm that all your details are correct, submit, and print your application slip that contains your application number, QR Code, and other details. Make sure you keep the application slip somewhere safe
Simple Steps on How to Register for your Permanent Voters Card
Step 1: Visit the Portal
Unlike in previous years, INEC has launched an online portal where eligible voters can register for their PVC, and this is how it works.
For new voters who do not already have a PVC, the first step is to log in to https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/, then click on the “sign in/register” button.
You can create an account either by just signing in with your Google account or you fill out the form provided to create an account using a valid email address.
It is advised that a valid email address is used because that is where you will receive the link to verify your account.
Type in your email address and the password you have created then click on the login button.
Click on “start registration’ if it is your first time getting a PVC. When you do that, a declaration page will pop up.
Ensure to click on “yes”.
Step 2: Provide Accurate Information
After you have responded yes to the declaration section, you are required to provide accurate information, the requested information includes:
- Biodata: Such as your name, occupation, date of birth, home address, etc.
- Additional information. This includes your level of education, disability if any.
- Residence: This is the state and Local Government of Area (LGA)/City where you live in.
- Birth information: The country, state, and LGA/City where you were born.
- Origin information: The country, state, LGA, and village where you hail from.
- Polling/Voting Unit: This is where you will want to vote.
At the end of the page, after you fill in all your information, you will also be asked to upload supporting documents like your National I.D card.
Although not marked as compulsory, you can take a snapshot of your national identity card and upload it, then click on the save and continue button. After you do this, you proceed to upload your photograph.
To upload your photograph, you will click on the “start camera” button to take a snapshot of yourself. Two photographs are to be uploaded. One with a clear face and natural expression/straight look (i.e not smiling). The second photograph will also be a clear face but this time a smile is required. INEC wants to know what you look like angry and/or happy.
Step 3: Schedule an INEC Centre Location and Appointment Date that is Convenient for you
Once the photographs have been successfully uploaded, you then proceed to schedule an appointment, choosing a date and time that is most convenient for you to do your biometric capturing, and a location that is close enough to you. Once this is done, you submit your application.
It is on this date and in this place that you will do your biometric capturing. Biometrics are biological measurements or physical characteristics that can be used to identify individuals, examples are your fingerprints, picture, etc.
There it is, 3 simple steps to join other registered voters to chart a course for the future of the country by voting for the leader of your choice.
That is it on How to register for INEC PVC, we hope that it has help you, please share to friends using the buttons below