JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal is active. How do I check my JAMB admission status? How do I accept or reject an admission offer via JAMB CAPS? Has JAMB started giving admission? Are you a JAMB candidate who has any of these questions? You will see the straightforward procedure for checking your JAMB admission status on your JAMB profile via the JAMB CAPS portal as well as how to accept or reject an admission offer if you have been given one. To Confirm Admission Status, simplify follow the steps below.
How To Check JAMB Admission Status on Your JAMB Profile via JAMB CAPS and How to Accept or Reject Your Admission Offer
You can check your admission status on JAMB CAPS portal by follow the simple steps outlined below.
- Go to JAMB portal at JAMB eFacility Portal. (We recommend you use a laptop or desktop computer or Chrome browser on your mobile phone.)
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Then locate and click on Check Admission Status.
- If the page only shows Welcome, do not worry. Just click on the options icon on your phone’s browser (located at the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome) and change the view of the page from Mobile View to Desktop View.
- Click on Admission Status on the left panel.
- After your details have been successfully loaded, check if you have been given admission.
- If you have been given admission, you will notice that the Accept Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be active. If not, the buttons will appear faint. You can now accept or reject your admission offer under your Admission Profile by clicking on the corresponding button.
NB: If you are using a phone, you may not see the option to check your Admission Status on JAMB CAPS. Most phone users may only see the welcome message. The caps page shows only welcome because it requires you to use desktop mode to view the complete page. This is why the chrome browser is recommended if you are a using a phone. All you need to do is go to Chrome option and choose request desktop site for the complete page to display as explained in the steps above. To Confirm Admission Status, note the following
- Successfully admitted candidates are advised to ensure that they indicate the acceptance or rejection of admission online and do so timely to enable the processing of their admission.
- Candidates who have not been offered admission should closely monitor their admission through JAMB CAPS.
- Candidates who used “awaiting result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will be able to process their admission. See the procedure below:
How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB
- Visit an accredited JAMB CBT centre or JAMB office or JAMB registration centre/café closest to you.
- Ensure you go along with a copy of your O’level result (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) as well as the email address you used during the online registration and your JAMB profile code.
- Once you get there, request for an upload of your O’level result on JAMB portal.
Also read: JAMB Admission Letter: Everything you need to know
Meaning of JAMB Admission Status Messages on JAMB CAPS Portal
If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads “NOT ADMITTED”, it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows “NOT ADMITTED” then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school. That is why you need to Confirm Admission Status.
For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB.
On the other hand, if you see “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS…..” it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio etc. This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission.
So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes.
Alternative Means to Check Your JAMB Admission Status
You can also check directly from the JAMB E-facility page by following the steps below:
- Visit JAMB eFacility Portal.
- Login to your JAMB profile using the correct username and password you used to register for JAMB.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down then locate and click the Check Admission Status tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your JAMB registration number in the required column.
- Finally, click on Check Admission Status to access your admission status.
As mentioned earlier, if your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button. So, the best you can do in this situation is to be patient.