In this post, you will know more about the Nasarawa State College of Education Akwanga, how it started, courses offered, school fees, cut off marks, admission requirements, and a whole lot of exciting stories about the institution.
About the College of Education Akwanga
Located at Akwanga town in Akwanga Local Government Area in Nasarawa State and popularly known as College of Education, Akwanga, the Nasarawa State College of Education, Akwanga one of the best colleges of education in Nigeria.
History from Wikipedia had it that the COEAkwanga was set as the Advanced Teachers College Akwanga(ATCA) in September 1976, by Plateau State edict No.5 in 1978.
It’s being said that the mandate was then repealed in favour of Nasarawa State Edict No. 16 of 1996 which came into effect on 1 October 1996, after the state was created from Plateau State, by the Abacha government, which move the responsibilities of the institution to Nasarawa state government, because of the location of the institution in the new Nasarawa state.
Nonetheless, the Advanced Teachers College started to operate at a temporary site in Jos town with a campus in Akwanga after which they moved from Jos to its permanent location in Akwanga, on 1 September 1985.
Objectives of the institution;
1. Offer courses leading to the Nigeria Certificate in Education through a three-year academic and professional course which, on successful completion, candidates qualify as teachers in primary schools and secondary and teachers training colleges.
2. Act as a centre for research into the various areas of educational theory and practice;
3. Mount from time to time-in-service vacation courses for serving teachers.
List of Courses Offered at College of Education, Akwanga
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Medium
- Biology/Integrated Science
- Business Education
- Christian Religious Studies/English
- Christian Religious Studies/History
- Computer Education/Economics
- Computer Education/Physics
- Computer Science Education/Mathematics
- Early Childhood Care Education
- Economics/Social Studies
- English /French
- English/Hausa Requirements
- English/Islamic Studies
- English/Social Studies
- Fine and Applied Art
- Home Economics
- Physical and Health Education
- Primary Education Studies
- Technical Education
College of Education, Akwanga Cut Off
The COEAkwanga minimum cut off mark to be considered for admission is 120
College of Education, Akwanga School Fees
At the moment, the College of Education Akwanga, COEAKWANGA school fees for a fresh student is between 25,000 and 35,000 Naira per session exclusive of the Acceptance fee
However, students are advised to budget at least 45,000-50,000.
How to Apply for College of Education Akwanga Admission
Interested candidates/aspirants of COEAKWANGA are to visit the school application portal, and they fill the required form to register –
NOTE: Before you apply, make sure that you have made payment of N2,000.00 only as Screening fee and N315.00 only as bank charges using ATM Card at any Bank Branch after generating application RRR code.
Check who is eligible to apply for this admission below;
Who is Eligible to Apply
Two main criteria determine if an aspirant is eligible to apply for the COEAKWANGA admission.
i) Candidates that scored 120 and above in the UTME Examination and chose College of Education, Akwanga as 1st Choice.
ii) Candidates who choose the College as Second, Third and Fourth choices are hereby informed that they have to apply for Change of Institution; making College of Education, Akwanga their 1st Choice.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE SALES OF PART-TIME FORMS
This is to inform suitable qualified candidate who wish to apply for 2021 long vacation Part-Time (LVT) programme that the forms are now available, online at cost of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only.
Interested candidates are to check the college portal https://application.coeakwanga.edu.ng as from Tuesday 15th June 2021 for the purchase of the forms.
Ruth O. Agwadu
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit https://application.coeakwanga.edu.ng
- Click on “Apply for Admission”
- Enter your details selecting Programme as Part-Time (LVT)
- Click on “Continue” to generate an invoice and proceed for payment
- On successful payment, Visit https://application.coeakwanga.edu.ng and click on “Paid? Continue Registration”
- Enter your paid Invoice Number and choice any password of your choice. You may use your phone number
- Click on “Continue” to create your profile
- If profile creation is successful, you will be asked to login
- Complete you profile data
- Then, generate School Fees Invoice
As of the time this publication was made, I believe that there are some people out there who are looking for this information. So you can help them find it by sharing with them on Facebook, Twitter, or WhatsApp with just a click on any of your preferred share buttons below.