BuyPower Nigeria makes it possible for anyone to buy power conveniently. Sometime back, it would require hours of standing in long queues to pay your monthly electricity bill, but that is not the case today. The process has been simplified and can be done at the comfort of your home or office
Buy Power.ng, which is what BuyPower is often referred to, is a utility payment platform allowing customers to conveniently buy electricity and recharge their prepaid meter online. It comes with a website as well as apps found on Google Play Store and the App Store for Android and iOS devices, respectively. Paying your electricity via BuyPower
Whether you are getting electricity tokens for the office or your home, BuyPower’s platform makes it easy for you. The following is a guide on how to go about the purchase.
What you must do before Registering with buypower Nigeria
Getting an internet-enabled smartphone (It can be an Android or iOS version).
- You should have access to a stable internet connection either through mobile data or WiFi.
- You need to know what your prepaid meter number is. You must own a debit card which you will use as a payment tool. USSD or bank transfers are also allowed.
- You need to install the BuyPower app.
Once you have complied with the above-mentioned requirements, you can now proceed to the next steps starting with registration.
How to Register with BuyPower Nigeria
- To successfully register with BuyPower ng, you must first download the BuyPower app found on Google Play Store if you are using an Android phone or alternatively get it on the App Store in case you have an iOS phone.
- The second step will be launching the app, after which you input your phone number as a way of kick-starting the login or registration process.
- Next, supply the necessary personal data required. This refers to your name as well as phone number. Once this is done, you can now come up with a password that will be useful for all your subsequent logins.
- Even though this next step is an optional one, it is advisable also to add your active email address. It could come in handy whenever you want to reset or recover a password. However, you do not have to worry since even without an email, the “Password Reset Link” is sent to your phone. This is probably why BuyPower is a good option even for people with no email addresses.
- Tap on the button named “Register to continue.” This creates the BuyPower account you will need for your transactions.
How to buy power with Buypower Nigeria
With your BuyPower login, you can now proceed to purchase power through the Buy Power NG company. You can now recharge your prepaid meters conveniently online using their app. It is easy and straightforward as all you need to do is to sign up and proceed as below:
- Go to the homepage and tap on “Buy Unit” card. This redirects you to the Order Page.
- While here, choose a location. It does not matter if you are buying electricity for someone else. Make sure that you are selecting the location where the meter is situated.
- Type the amount of power to be bought in Naira.
- Finally, choose your preferred payment method, which can be via MasterCard/ Verve cards/ Visa or even through the USSD mobile payment option. You can also opt for bank transfer. Once your payment method is selected, tap “Continue to Payment Information” and move on to the next page.
- On this review page, you will be required to confirm whether the displayed information is affiliated to your meter number. You need to confirm details such as address and the name which come up as a way of verifying that you are recharging the prepaid meter correctly.
- Hit the “Pay” button once you have confirmed everything is in order.
- Supply the details on your bank card when using debit card. If not, choose “Pay with bank” for your USSD or bank transfer payment to be effected.
Once your payment is successful, you will receive a token that is sent to the phone number you used as a short message/ SMS. It will also be sent to your email address just in case you added it when registering.
In addition to this, in case you fail to receive your token on email or through an SMS, then you can be sure that the token will appear saved on the app’s “Order History/Transactions” section. The easy and fast purchase technique will ensure that you have power in a short while. On your prepaid meter, type in the token that was generated. Your purchase unit will automatically become loaded.
How to Become a BuyPower Nigeria Agent/Merchant
Do you have a lot of friends who ask you to buy electricity for them? Are you the go-to guy for utility payments? Do you think about selling electricity units on a retail level? Then you should read this post on how to become a BuyPower Agent/Merchant.
Who is a BuyPower Agent/Merchant?
A BuyPower Agent is a person or an entrepreneur who makes utility payments for customers on BuyPower.ng at the retail or wholesale level. That means you help people pay their bills on BuyPower and get paid for it.
As a BuyPower agent, you’re entitled to a subsidized service charge and a commission on every transaction you make. Plus you can make your sales at anywhere and any time using our BuyPower Merchant App.
Now that’s a convenient way to make a steady income.
What Do I Need to Become a BuyPower Agent/Merchant?
All you need to become a merchant with BuyPower is a steady internet connection, a smartphone or device, and a small amount to start which will be stored in your merchant wallet.
Ps. Your merchant wallet is your account on BuyPower where you make your daily transactions from.
How to Become a BuyPower Nigeria Agent/Merchant
To become a BuyPower agent, simplyclick here to send a WhatsApp message to an head agent, Victoria.
Please indicate in your message that you’re interested in becoming a merchant.
Once that’s done, you’ll get a brief on the next steps to take, along with the details of your benefits as an agent. Do feel free to make as many inquiries as you’d need.
Alternatively, you can fill in an application form on the website. Simply click here and fill in your details on the form. Click on ‘Apply’ and our team will reach out to you.
We can’t wait to have you on board.
How to Update or Change Your Details on Buypower.ng
At some point, you might have a need to update or change your details on Buypower.ng. We know this and we have made provisions for this change to be as easy as possible.
Change, as we were taught, is the only constant thing on earth. So we understand that you may have outgrown certain information you registered while creating your Buypower account. You may have switched to a newer email address or even had a change of name within this period.
Rather than creating another account to reflect your new details, you can always update your contact information on your current Buypower account. And in this post, we’ll show you how to.
Stay with me.
Reasons Why Should You Update Your Email Address on Buypower.ng?
Updating your email address is important because it is the fastest way to get all your transaction receipts on Buypower.ng. At the end of every transaction, a receipt is usually sent to the email address registered on your Buypower account.
With these receipts, processing a utility bill won’t be a necessity. You can simply provide your receipt instead because it carries all the essential details required in a utility bill. Details like the amount of electricity purchased, debt paid (if any), VAT, token, number of units, meter address, meter number, and meter name.
To update your email address or other contact information on Buypower, simply follow the steps below;
For Mobile App
- Log in to your Buypower Mobile App account
- Tap on the three dash (or hamburger) icon on the top left corner of your screen
- Click on ‘Profile’
- Tap on the field you want to change and type in the new name or address.
- Click on ‘Edit Profile’.
- Log on to www.buypower.ng
- Tap on ‘Click here to buy electricity’
- Tap on your name which is at the top right corner of your screen
- Click on ‘View Profile’
- On the drop-down, select what field you want to change and edit it.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Update Profile’
BuyPower Nigeria should be your go-to solution when it comes to buying electricity conveniently. With a few simple steps, anyone can learn how to use this app. It is even more interesting when you know that it takes less than 5 minutes to get everything done.
Please share this post with your family and friends and on your social media platforms. Trust me, there’s someone out there who needs this info.