Akwa Ibom State Scholarship: Heard about the Akwa Ibom State Government Scholarship? This post contains the relevant guidelines on how to become a successful beneficiary of the Akwa Ibom State Scholarship Award. You will also be guided on how to apply without hitches, and also the latest updates about the Akwa Ibom State Bursary Award.
The scholarship was created for indigenes o by the state government as part of its corporate social responsibilities and it is solely sponsored by the state government through the State’s Bursary. The scholarship is provided to assist students of learning institutions most especially for those with little or no financial resources to pursue their academic dreams. A lot of students have benefitted from it and all local governments can benefit from the scheme.
The following courses are the selected course for the scheme:
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
Akwa Ibom State Scholarship Requirements for Application
- The applicant must be an indigene of Akwa Ibom State.
- All candidates must be a full-time student of the following selected institutions:
- Akwa Ibom State University, Obong University, University of Uyo, Ritman University, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Uyo City Polytechnic, Apex Polytechnic, Heritage Polytechnic, College of Arts & Sciences, Sure Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State College of Education.
- Certificate of Origin.
- First leaving school certificate.
- All applicants irrespective of the institution must have a CGPA of 3.0.
- Statement of result containing CGPA from the head of the department of your institution.
- Eligible candidates will be called for thorough screening and credentials will be verified.
How to Apply
- Go to the portal and fill the form with the correct details required
Also, attach scanned copies of the following:
- Admission letter into an institution with information on the course of study, year of admission, and course duration
- SSCE result Certificate.
- Certificate of State of Origin / Local Government.
- School ID card or National ID.